I see this allows for 2 HDMI monitors, can these monitors be independent or are they mirrored only?
I want to run two independent hdmi monitors off of my macbook pro with this Dock. Is that possible?
3 Answers from the Community
The Mini Dock will be able to run two independent HDMI monitor from your MacBook Pro. If you wish, you can choose for these to be mirrored in your Displays pane of System Preferences.
- Answered by Caldigit S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
That's true, this Mini Dock allows for 2 HDMI monitors. They can both be independent and mirrored, depending on your preference.
- Answered by Caldigit A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, the monitor can be independent (extended) if you Mac supports it.
Using a MacBook Pro 16 (2019) and the CalDigit Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock (Dual HDMI version) I was able to display at the same time:
- Safari on a 27" Samsung screen, full HD, using HDMI cable
- Play a TV show on my Samsung SmartTV, full HD, using HDMI cable (I don't have the Apple TV device. I was using the Apple TV app running on the Mac). The subtitles worked, and the sound was displayed on the TV.
- Pages on the MacBook Pro screen
How to do it:
- Plug the dock into the Thunderbolt 3 port of the Mac
- Plug the HDMI from the screen into the dock: It is going to do mirroring automatically after a few seconds
- Go to Apple menu / System Preferences / Displays
- Go to Arrangement tab
- Uncheck "Mirror Displays"
- Move the blue rectangles representing the screens so it matches your actual setup
- Move the white menu bar to the other screen if needed
- Plug an additional screen if you wish and move it to match your actual setup if needed
- For the sound to be played by the TV instead of the MacBook Pro speakers: Click on the top-right speaker icon and select the TV as output device
- Answered by Marc-andré D from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will a USB C adaptor to an HDMI 4k monitor work if I am using 2 monitors?
- Asked by Bespoke D from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a USB C adaptor to an HDMI 4k monitor work if I am using 2 monitors?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU
can it power a 4k monitor?
- Asked by Thomas T from Winnipeg
- Flag as inappropriate (can it power a 4k monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet