Can the Docking Station Utility (DSU) power-down USB connected items in addition to isolating/ejecting storage drives?
I want to be able to ‘switch off’ items connected via the USB ports without having to physically disconnect them. I appreciate that the DSU can ‘eject’ storage devices to prevent damage to the drive by premature removal, however, that instruction can be carried out by Finder. But Finder cannot ‘eject’ non storage devices; can the DSU do it, in order to avoid having to physically removing the cables? If it cannot do so at present, could CalDigit consider including such capability via a driver/firmware revision?
1 Answer from the Community
The Docking Station Utility is not currently able to stop power to the individual USB ports. Please note that the USB-C ports should not provide power when the computer is disconnected. We will look into updating the DSU to remove power from USB ports to remove the power to some ports.
- Answered by Jonathan E
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?
- Asked by Peiyu L from Riverton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…
how is the iPod docking station powered ? Is it by USB only ??
- Asked by Richard P
- Flag as inappropriate (how is the iPod docking station powered ? Is it by USB only ??)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Is the USB Power Adapter included or is that a separate accessory? Will I be able to connect a usb drive foe extra storage?
- Asked by Shawn I from Cane Ridge
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the USB Power Adapter included or is that a separate accessory? Will I be able to connect a usb drive foe extra storage?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter