Can this mic be used for video calls through Skype, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc. on an iPhone or iPad?
- Asked by Anabel T from West Palm Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Can this mic be used for video calls through Skype, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc. on an iPhone or iPad?
2 Answers from the Community
I've been using HypeMiC to make calls on Zoom with my iPhone. I haven't tried other platforms.
- Answered by Gu-min Greg C from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Apple iOS will only allow access to External USB Audio Devices in Apps that are not considered "Telephony". Thus you can use HypeMiC in programs like Garageband, Voice Memo, Auria, and other recording Apps, but not in Phone, FaceTime, or any others considered "Telephony". This may vary with things like Skype and Zoom and Microsoft Teams, depending on how that App is written, so you may have to try it out for yourself.
- Answered by Katherine K from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Mic quality for phone calls?
- Asked by Sandra H from Red Bluff
- Flag as inappropriate Mic quality for phone calls?
No answers yet
Do they work with Skype and Zoom? And is the microphone in these good enough to use them in a conference call-ie can they replace my Logitech headset?
Can this be used for conference calls? Does it have a mic?
- Asked by Yare A from Beijing
- Flag as inappropriate Can this be used for conference calls? Does it have a mic?