Can I use this cable to charge an iPad Pro with from a charging block with a USB-A port?
- Asked by Matt B from Greensboro
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this cable to charge an iPad Pro with from a charging block with a USB-A port?
3 Answers from the Community
I bought this cable for my 3rd Gen 12.9" iPad Pro to give me more charging options. I've tried it with numerous apple chargers and also 3rd party ones and none of them send power via this cable to the iPad. The only way i've managed to charge the iPad using this cable has been to plug it into my iMac.
- Answered by Mark W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Although supposedly Apple gave a one word answer "Yes" that is actually wrong. Many of the USB A charge (like the one that came with your phone) are too weak to charge this device. Furthermore even with a powerful USB A charger, the rate is severely limited. Strangely I have found even with powerful USB c adapters like my MacBook pro model (65 Watts) the USB C to A cable (with an adapter) somehow limits the charge rate and is either super slow (6-10 hours to charge when off and discharging if in use) or doesn't charge at all. Still looking for a USB A charger that charges the USB C iPad Pro at a decent rate...
- Answered by Martin J from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Holly P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
- Asked by Anish B from Girraween
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
Can the USB-A port be used to charge an iPad with power cable/wire?
- Asked by Douglas L from Benbrook
- Flag as inappropriate Can the USB-A port be used to charge an iPad with power cable/wire?