can I use this cable to connect my Macbook Pro Air to a Powerall jump start for 12 volt vehicles. It shows it will charge laptops but requires cable.
1 Answer from the Community
This is the wrong cable for the job, but your setup may be possible but its NOT easy.
First you need to find out if your PowerAll Jump Starter will provide a constant 12V supply or is it designed only for few seconds of jump starting only.
If it does provide constant 12V, you need to look for a 12V car Charger port to MagSafe / MagSafe 2 Adapter.
To charge your MacBook, you need to connect the red jump start cable to the tip of the car charger and the black to the sides connector.
This should do the trick.
Apple will not recommend this, neither do I.
- Answered by Divij V
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this cable be used to charge the MacBook Pro with Touch Bar 15" from an iMac (it needs at least 87W to charge)
- Asked by David G
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used to charge the MacBook Pro with Touch Bar 15" from an iMac (it needs at least 87W to charge))
- Asked about: Belkin USB-A to USB-C Cable (USB 3.…
Can I connect a 2011 Macbook Pro to a 2013 Macbook Air and use the Air as a second display for the 2011?
- Asked by Jonathan C from Pittsburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a 2011 Macbook Pro to a 2013 Macbook Air and use the Air as a second display for the 2011?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…