will any usb extension charge the ipad with the ipad adapter?
- Asked by fn from Auburn
- Flag as inappropriate (will any usb extension charge the ipad with the ipad adapter?)
2 Answers from the Community
Unfortunately, contrary to what the earlier responder said, not all USB extension cords will work with my early 2014 iPad Mini. I have four cords from various manufacturers acquired over the years, and only one of them works—and I've tried all of them plugged into the stock 12W iPad charger. The one that works is a 3-foot thin-gauge cord (same diameter as the Lightning cord) that's white and looks like part of the Apple family, though it's not branded; I don't recall where I got it. It's possible (just speculating) that the other cords are USB1 instead of USB2??
- Answered by Troy H from Santa Barbara
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, it will. Just make sure the cable is connected to a high-power USB port.
- Answered by Myst E from Muntinlupa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
USB-C USB adapter work for charging my iPad Pro?
- Asked by Michael G from Galesburg
- Flag as inappropriate (USB-C USB adapter work for charging my iPad Pro?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter