Does this cable work with higher resolution displays like apple 30" display or the new 3840x2160 TVs?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable work with higher resolution displays like apple 30" display or the new 3840x2160 TVs?)
1 Answer from the Community
This adapter will only allow you to drive the Apple Cinema 30" display at 1280x800 (see Apple support article HT3571), so you should buy the more expensive Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter if you want to use the maximum resolution of 2560x1600.
The 3840x2160 televisions use *two* dual-link DVI connections because of the increased signal bandwidth so, again, you would not be able to drive them at full resolution. You may be able to use them at a reduced resolution with one dual-link input from the other adapter, and possibly at a much lower resolution using this adapter.
- Answered by Duncan J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this cable work with my 2010 Apple Cinematic display?
- Asked by John V from Walnut Creek
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable work with my 2010 Apple Cinematic display?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter