I want to use a late 2007 iMac as an external monitor for my new 2012 iMac. Which cable(s) do I need?
1 Answer from the Community
Buy only one of the following:
-a FireWire cable
-A mini display cable (a lot like the thunderbolt cable)
Make sure the older Mac supports ether of these cables. You will need to know about target disk mode in order for this process to work. I'm all positive the thunderbolt or the mini display cable will work though.
- Answered by Mason H from Lexington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will this cable connect to a late 2012 iMac Thunderbolt 2 Port?
- Asked by Robert C from Bethpage
- Flag as inappropriate (will this cable connect to a late 2012 iMac Thunderbolt 2 Port?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
Can i use this cable with migration assistant? I want to move from a mid2007 iMac to the new iMacs released today (Nov. 2012).
- Asked by Daniel B from Beverly Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this cable with migration assistant? I want to move from a mid2007 iMac to the new iMacs released today (Nov. 2012).)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…