Can I use this adapter to get sound to my TV? The picture is coming through but not the sound.
1 Answer from the Community
the VGA cable is only used to display the image on your screen. The VGA isn't capable of transferring the sound through the television. if you want sound try plugging the mac into some speakers. but if you want the sound coming out of the television, you have to get an HDMI adapter, which is also sold in the apple store.
- Answered by Ray C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this adapter also carry sound, or is it picture only?
- Asked by Hollie W from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter also carry sound, or is it picture only?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter
I have an imac and want to connect it to my hdtv, what do i need to get picture and sound?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an imac and want to connect it to my hdtv, what do i need to get picture and sound?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter