Connecting the iPad to a droid phone's blue tooth
I have a T-Mobile My Touch 3G phone. I can enable the bluetooth on the phone to essentially make the phone act as a wireless (wifi) hot spot. Has anyone tried to connect their iPad to their phone this way (assuming their iPad is NOT the 3G-enabled version)?? If so, have you had success connecting through your phone's internet capabilities?? Most of my friends are telling me to stop wasting time and get the 3G version because if I don't get it, in a couple of weeks, I'm going to wish I had. But, if I can connect the iPad to the internet through my droid phone's internet ... isn't it almost the same thing??? Thanks in advance, all!
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting the iPad to a droid phone's blue tooth)
1 Answer from the Community
I have a motorola droid and I am using the wifi tether app on my droid to get a 3G connection on my wifi iPad. I don't believe the iPad can recognize an internet connection through Bluetooth. Tmobile my offer a mobile hotspot app or service. I know Verizon does. Another option is a Mifi or Fivespot device. These devices take in the Verizon 3G and broadcast it as wifi so you can connect up to 5 devices at once. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect my Samsung phone to an iPad to upload my pictures from my phone to my IPad? What do I use?
- Asked by Mary R from Appleton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my Samsung phone to an iPad to upload my pictures from my phone to my IPad? What do I use?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter