Will the sound play through the tv or just the laptop with the picture on the tv?
5 Answers from the Community
The sound plays through the TV. You can also use Apple TV to play the music on your computer or iPhone/iPad through the TV speakers, which probably sounds better than the speakers on your computer.
- Answered by Christian B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The sound will play through the TV.
- Answered by David R from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
System preferences -> sound -> Output -> HDMI
- Answered by Brad C from Easton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I play my apple tv through my sound system by using a spare HDMI input on my receiver and I've programmed a button on my Harmony remote for Apple TV. That button automatically turns on my Marantz receiver, then my Sharp TV and I'm good to go. I still use the tiny remote for my apple tv to navigate though, as the programming of all it's functions on my Harmony is a bit more time consuming than I want to spend. This way when I stream videos via apple tv, I get the full effect of great 7.2 surround.
- Answered by Kenneth B from Frederick
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
sound play through tv when airplay it..
- Answered by Faizal I
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
How does this product attach to the back of a Television?
- Asked by Oliver B
- Flag as inappropriate (How does this product attach to the back of a Television?)
- Asked about: Innovelis TotalMount Pro Mounting S…
does this product adapt with toshiba regza televisions
- Asked by Seymour P from Barnstaple
- Flag as inappropriate (does this product adapt with toshiba regza televisions)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
How do I know if my television set is compatible with Apple TV?
- Asked by Shilpa M from Mumbai
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know if my television set is compatible with Apple TV?)
- Asked about: Apple TV