Can this be used to connect a Thunderbolt only storage device (i.e. Promise Pegasus R6 18TB) to a Gigabite Ethernet Hub?
Our studio is doing a budget report to see if we can go 100% Mac. Currently we have 2 x 4TB storage servers that we'd like to replace with some of those great Promise storage units like the Pegasus R6 18TB. However those are thunderbolt only units, so we were wondering if the Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter could be used to connect it to a network hub?
1 Answer from the Community
I was researching an answer to this very question. I have tried using the Thurderbolt to ethernet adapter to connect the Pegasus to my home network. The light on my network switch, and on my Time Capsulte router when I also tried that option, did not come on, suggesting that it is not possible to include the Pegasus into the network. The reason I was researching was because I want to locate the Pegasus elsewhere than next to, and directly linked to, my Mac. I'm still looking for a definitive answer because I may have been doing something wrong, or failed to do something in addition.
- Answered by Colleen W from Topsham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this a drag-n-drop storage device?
- Asked by Rhonda C from Bemont
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a drag-n-drop storage device?)
- Asked about: G-Technology 1TB G-DRIVE mobile USB…
The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please
- Asked by Melvin M from Kamuela
- Flag as inappropriate (The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Can the display be used as an external hub for connecting ethernet, external hard drives, usb-a devices, etc?!
- Asked by Christopher S from Boulder
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the display be used as an external hub for connecting ethernet, external hard drives, usb-a devices, etc?!)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display