Will this let me connect my firewire video camera to final cut pro?
- Asked by fn from Rutland
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this let me connect my firewire video camera to final cut pro?)
3 Answers from the Community
The adapter steps you down from Thunderbolt to FW800, providing you have the proper FireWire cable to go from there to your camera you should notice your camera interact with FCPX or FCP7 just as it did via straight FireWire.
FW800 9pin to FW400 4pin probably the cable you'll need as FireWire 400 4pin is the most common camera FW interface, unless you have a higher end camera system that connects via FW400 6pin.
hope this helps!
- Answered by John Jay W from Ardmore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, the purpose for this adapter is to be able to connect Firewire devices to a Thunderbolt equipped machines, including Firewire based video cameras.
- Answered by Allen C from Baton Rouge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Martin J from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3