Wondering why my Firewire cables don't fit into the Firewire end of the Adapter. Is there more than 1 kind of Firewire cable?

Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter

Back To Product

Follow this Question

2 Answers from the Community

  • Best Answer:

    The Firewire 400 plug has an almost rounded top; the other end being square corners. The Firewire 800 plug is rectangular with square corners all around.

    The 800 is also called a 9-pin, and the 400 (the big on on the back of your computer) is called a 6-pin.

    There is also a mini plug that often goes with small video cameras, which is a 4-pin. I don't know if the 4-pins can be two speeds, or not.

    Was this useful? Answer 1

    7 of 8 people found this useful

  • Yes. There's 400 and 800 types. My G Raid has both but the 800 has black and white connectors. The 400 is all black.

    Was this useful? Answer 2

    3 of 4 people found this useful

Related Questions