Will this work with my MacBook Air (late 2010) charger to use with my MacBook Pro with Retina display, 15-inches (mid -2015)?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, the converter will work with a Magsafe 1 (That's what your Late 2010 Air uses) But in regards to if your Air's charger will work with your 15" Pro using the converter, The short is no. The reason being is that the 15" Units (Unibody and Retina Pro's) Are supposed to use an 85W Charger (Your Air uses a 45W out of the box) Now, I'm unsure if you have upgraded your Air's charger but, the minimum for charging a 15" would be a 13" 60W charger, if you charge your Pro in sleep mode and not charging while using it. It'll be fine (No guarantee it'll last long though...
You should always buy or have the suggested charger that Apple recommends, so in your case, the 85W.
Hope I've helped!
- Answered by Jacob S from Warragul
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
is it work with MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
- Asked by Vu N from Garland
- Flag as inappropriate (is it work with MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014))
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU
Will this fit well on the mid 2014 Retina MacBook pro 15 inch?
- Asked by Christopher C from Suwanee
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this fit well on the mid 2014 Retina MacBook pro 15 inch?)
- Asked about: Leather Sleeve for 15-inch MacBook …
Does it work with a 15" MacBook Pro mid-2015?
- Asked by Simon L
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with a 15" MacBook Pro mid-2015?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…