how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac
Just got the new 27 inch iMac and purchased SuperDrive. Nothing happens when I plug in USB to Mac. What am I doing wrong?
- Asked by fn from Akron
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac)
3 Answers from the Community
Just FYI for anyone else who has this question. The SuperDrive was connecting to the iMac, but wouldn't accept CDs. There seems to be some kind of issue with the SuperDrive and the new iMac. We tried 2 SuperDrives and finally had to exchange the iMac itself. SuperDrive still didn't work. Returned it. Bought an LG at BestBuy - works perfectly! It does need to be plugged into a separate power source - maybe that's the problem with the Apple SuperDrive?? Not enough power?
- Answered by Mary B from Akron
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Plug and play. There will be no Icon on the screen until you insert a DVD, CD, Install disk. That is my experience and I have two different Mac computers I use it on. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Bryce F from Elgin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Through the one of the 4 USB ports available on the iMac.
- Answered by Chanakya D from Slc
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
how can i hook up my playstation 3 and macbook pro?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i hook up my playstation 3 and macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Will It support Apple Super Drive and usbc Monitor?
- Asked by Hua Feng W from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Will It support Apple Super Drive and usbc Monitor?)
- Asked about: Satechi Aluminum USB-C Multiport Pr…
Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?
- Asked by Peiyu L from Riverton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…