So is this new Superdrive USB 3.0 or 2.0 then? Would like to hope it was 3.0 to match the new specs of the Macbook Pro & Macbook Air?
2 Answers from the Community
Speed is only one factor here. The device is also powered by the USB. My external SuperDrive actually has two separate USB 2 plugs, not for speed, but for enough power to run the device. USB 3 has more power and its more efficient. Playing a DVD consumes a lot of power from the plug, and would be much better with USB 3.
- Answered by Jeffe A from Murphys
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just called MyApple and asked that question. The answer to that question is the USB type-A for this SuperDrive is only 2.0 Apple said that it uses the USB 2.0 but it also uses "regular" USB speed. (Whatever that means, I don't know, but she couldn't explain it any better.) Too bad. It's now 2019, and I have to buy a PC-brand drive for my iMac to get the speed of 3.0 Hope this answer helps.
- Answered by Cindy R. M from Wolfville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Hello is this USB Adapter 3.0 or 2.0?
- Asked by Lemuel P from Woodbridge
- Flag as inappropriate Hello is this USB Adapter 3.0 or 2.0?
No answers yet
Will this hub be able to daisy chain to another USB 3.0 hub or USB 3.0 switch?
- Asked by Jordan R from Rochester Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Will this hub be able to daisy chain to another USB 3.0 hub or USB 3.0 switch?