is there an ipad lightning-to-usb cable that will allow me to watch ipad video on my Samsung SmartTV screen?
4 Answers from the Community
No there isn't. For that you would need an apple lightning to hdmi connector and a hdmi cable
- Answered by Matthew B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I've used the camera connector kit and an hdmi cable to stream shows from my iPad to TV's at hotels many times when we travel. It's our main source of programming. Just use the source button on the TV remote to select the correct source that you plugged your hdmi cable into...and then begin playing something on the iPad. It's mirrored on the TV.
- Answered by Victoria A from Mequon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Strangely enough the Apple USB camera connector does much more than connect cameras to load photos. Depending on the device and how it is powered you can connect other electronic devices to your iPad. I use my camera connector to hook up my iPad to my TEAC external DAC and I connect a portable DAC/Headphone amp to it through a powered hub.
I would go with the Lightning to HDMI cable. It works well for me also.
- Answered by Vincent M from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
You need an Apple TV.
- Answered by Jefferson S from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Can I use the USB drive to watch movies on my Samsung SmartTV?
- Asked by Victor H from Petaling Jaya
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the USB drive to watch movies on my Samsung SmartTV?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter