Can I use this cable to connect to my Nissan Altima sound system with hi-res digital audio?
There is great confusion about audio from the lightning port. On the one hand, we're told that you need this cable attached to a DAC to play hi-res(>48/24) audio. Yet we're also told that this is a "digital only" interface. What is the story? I'm hoping to use a 3rd party hi-res audio player to send a hi res stream to my car audio system via this connector, but not sure how it works. Can anyone point me to an authoritative description of how audio is pass through the lightning connector? Are the DACs in the iphone ever used, or is it a pure digital stream via lightning. If it's purely digital, can we use this connector to pass hi res (ie 96/24) digital streams to a Nissan car audio system? I've read all the conjecture, what I'm looking for is a definitive statement from Apple
- Asked by John A M from Carlsbad
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this cable to connect to my Nissan Altima sound system with hi-res digital audio?
1 Answer from the Community
I know that you have to use this to connect to a DAC. You will also need a hi-res audio app such as onkyo HF Player (supports upto 24 bit/ 192 kHz). The audio signal will then be output digitally to the DAC which then does the Digital to Analogue Conversion (DAC) that is then amplified to either headphones or speakers. Not sure if it will work with car audio system because it will depend on what resolution and file types its DAC supports. Hope this helps?
- Answered by James W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can you use this to connect a digital audio connector such as the Dragonfly?
- Asked by James M from Cheraw
- Flag as inappropriate can you use this to connect a digital audio connector such as the Dragonfly?
I have a USB-C port in my Nissan. Can I use this cable to charge my iPhone X (10)?
- Asked by Sandi G from Allentown
- Flag as inappropriate I have a USB-C port in my Nissan. Can I use this cable to charge my iPhone X (10)?