Can this adapter be used to connect an iPad without sim card to the iPhone and use the phone as modem?
I connect the iPhone by cable to my macbook when traveling, to use the phone data on the macbook. It recognises the phone as an usb modem. On shorter trips, the iPad would be enough to take with me. Sharing the phone data via wifi is possible, but uses a lot of battery (spares are heavy). From time to time, my provider blocks the sharing, whilst they never block the sharing by cable connection.
Therefore the question, can the cable be used to surf via the other device?
1 Answer from the Community
No it cannot do that
- Answered by Patrick Z from Huntersville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
if i buy a phone without a sim card does it mean it’s unlocked?
- Asked by Linda N from Mobile
- Flag as inappropriate (if i buy a phone without a sim card does it mean it’s unlocked?)
- Asked about: iPhone
Can this be used without an internet connection or does your modem need to be connected
- Asked by Merrit G from Mount Morris
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used without an internet connection or does your modem need to be connected)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme