Could this be used as a general usb port like on a computer or is it just for cameras?
For example, would you be able to connect an external hard drive to the iPad to transfer movies/videos?
1 Answer from the Community
Still testing what will/won't connect with this to my iPad Mini, but anything that needs power from USB (ie card reader, thumb drive or mini USB HDD) comes up with a message 'the connected USB device requires too much power' and does not connect.
Canon 50D connects fine, and appears as 'Camera' in photos app, and allows import into a separate 'imported' album (not camera roll.
- Answered by Nick K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter has 2 ports. Can USB port and Lightning port be used at the same time?
- Asked by Hing Lung C from Chatswood
- Flag as inappropriate (The Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter has 2 ports. Can USB port and Lightning port be used at the same time?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Could this adapter work into an aux in a stereo?
- Asked by Krissia B from Guelph
- Flag as inappropriate (Could this adapter work into an aux in a stereo?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
Is the USB a 3.1 input port?
- Asked by John H from Mercer Island
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the USB a 3.1 input port?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
No answers yet