lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility
At the Apple store in Bridgewater, NJ today, I asked what I needed to connect my Canon 30D to my iPhone 5S and my iPad Air. I was told and sold a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.
When I got home, I plugged the camera and phone together. The phone reads Cannot Use Device: Canon Digital Camera: The connected device is not supported.
The connection with the iPad Air works.
Both iPhone 5S and iPad Air have latest iOS.
Any way to make this work for the 5S or should I return the cable?
- Asked by fn from Long Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility)
2 Answers from the Community
Hi Joseph, It will now work. With IOS 9.2 Apple has brought the capability to directly transfer photos , videos etc from Digicam to any iphone using the lightning port (Read iphone 5 and above). Just update to ios 9.2 and enjoy
- Answered by Neel A from Bangalore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This connector is only for the iPad. I tried it with my iPhone 5S and got the same result that you did.
- Answered by William D A from Bedford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you use the Lightning adaptor with the 30 pin camera kit to import to iPad Air/iPhone 5s and if so how?
- Asked by Jenny D from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Lightning adaptor with the 30 pin camera kit to import to iPad Air/iPhone 5s and if so how?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
can i connect EarPods with Lightning Connector to usb 3 camera adapter
- Asked by Fatima D from Calamba
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect EarPods with Lightning Connector to usb 3 camera adapter)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter