Can I use this adapter with existing Apple Digital AV Adapter?
I have the Apple AV adapter which I now use on my iPhone 4S and wonder if I will be able to still use the AV adapter with an iPhone 5 by simply purchasing the new iPhone 5 adapter.
- Asked by Mr. C from Sun City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter with existing Apple Digital AV Adapter?)
3 Answers from the Community
No. I bought it and test it. "not support by apple" shown on iPhone 5 Screen and can't connect to TV via HDMI cable as iPhone 4S does.
- Answered by Maung S from Croydon Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, this adaptor does not contain the necessary video output decoder, you will need the lightning AV adaptor.
- Answered by Peter J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You have to purchase the AV adapter from Apple website it will be available in 2-3 weeks.
- Answered by Nir B from New Hyde Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does any hdmi cable work with the apple digital av adapter?
- Asked by Robert K
- Flag as inappropriate (Does any hdmi cable work with the apple digital av adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter