Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?
I have an iphone 5 and the current cable adapters does not support video when plugged into my double din car stereo for navigation; does this A/V adapter work?
- Asked by fn from Concord
- Flag as inappropriate (Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?)
2 Answers from the Community
You will need this plug plus an HDMI to Composite converter... then you should have no problem.. I did it in all my cars. There is a mini one you can buy and hide behind your dash leaving just the HDMI exposed.
- Answered by Scott G from Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If your car stereo video setup takes an HDMI-in signal, then "yes".
If it has a yellow "video in" connector plus the white- or black- and red stereo connectors, then "no". This is a analog video signal, not the digital supported by the adapter.
- Answered by Rexel S from Henderson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this work with the Digital A/V Adapter (USB-c to HDMI) for the 2015 Retina MacBook?
- Asked by Christopher S from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the Digital A/V Adapter (USB-c to HDMI) for the 2015 Retina MacBook?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter
Is this compatible with the digital AV lightning connector (HDMI to Lightning)
- Asked by Blake N from Marseilles
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with the digital AV lightning connector (HDMI to Lightning))
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock – Space Gray