I need the USB cord to fit 12w power adapter what is it by name? Thank you.
I have an iPad air
- Asked by fn from Woonona
- Flag as inappropriate (I need the USB cord to fit 12w power adapter what is it by name? Thank you.)
1 Answer from the Community
As it’s a normal USB socket on this 12W AC adapter, one plug will need to be USB; and whichever of the three iPad Air models you have, they all use a Lightning socket, so you’ll need a USB to Lightning cable. Any length of these cables if made by Apple will do. However, if you have a newer 12W AC adapter with a USB-C socket, you’ll need a USB-C to Lightning cable. A USB-C plug is somewhere between the sizes of the normal USB plug and a Lightning connector, and has the same plug as Apple’s Thunderbolt 3 cable. If you find that confusing, you could do an image internet search to make sure which USB socket you have on the AC adaptor, or ask Apple why they’ve changed data and charging connectors and types for their products so much over the decades.
- Answered by Ken S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this USB adapter fit the iPhone 6s - thank you
- Asked by Terence F
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this USB adapter fit the iPhone 6s - thank you)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
Does the power cord have an AC adapter on it?
- Asked by Nicholas M from San Marcos
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the power cord have an AC adapter on it?)
- Asked about: mophie wireless charging stand