Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?
I lost my iPhone 3G charger and I want to know if it is ok to use my iPad 4 12 w USB charger
- Asked by fn from Suez
- Flag as inappropriate (Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes you can use it for your iPhone
- Answered by Malcolm L from Tampa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Technically, it will; provided that you plug in an USB to 30-pin cable bcz that's the plug you have in the iPhone 3gs.
However, iPad4's charger has a 2.1A (or even a bit higher) charging capacity whereas the iPhone needs only a more conservative 1.0A charging. I'm not totally sure if this 12W charger has a current limiting function, while charging. If not, it will charge your iPhone almost twice faster. The consequences may be that your iPhone will get warmer than it's usual while being charged by this 12W charger and the phone's internal battery may detoriate gradually because of this "heavier and faster" charging.
- Answered by M. Afak Y
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this adapter work with the 29W USB power adapter or Apple TV 4th Generation?
- Asked by Zachary E from Caledonia
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work with the 29W USB power adapter or Apple TV 4th Generation?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter