Will the 12W USB power adapter work in Hong Kong without using a converter? The adapter indicates input 100-240V. What does it mean?
1 Answer from the Community
100-240 Vac refers to the voltage you get from your wall outlet. This power adapter will provide its 5.0Vdc output regardless if the input AC Voltage is 100 Vac or up to 240 Vac. However the one that you have (or will buy) in the USA has the US Type flat two pin plugs for the wall receptacle, whereas in Hong Kong they use the 3-pin U.K. type plug. You have to buy a "mechanical converter" for the plug system; i.e. one that will adapt the US flat 2 pins to the UK version. These, you can find everywhere in Hong Kong at dirt small prices...
- Answered by M. Afak Y
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can i use 12w usb power adapter to charge my iphone 8?
- Asked by Pravin K from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use 12w usb power adapter to charge my iphone 8?)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
can I use this adapter with European voltages, 220 - 240 v?
- Asked by K D from League City
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this adapter with European voltages, 220 - 240 v?)
- Asked about: Apple 5W USB Power Adapter
Does the 30W USB-C Power Adapter charges the 12.9 iPad Pro quicker than the 12w?
- Asked by Bernard B from Deer Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the 30W USB-C Power Adapter charges the 12.9 iPad Pro quicker than the 12w?)
- Asked about: 30W USB-C Power Adapter