Will this adapter work with the 1st generation iPad?
The first gen iPad is not listed in the overview as being a compatible device, which suggests it will not, but why? It's still a 5V USB charger. Why wouldn't it work?
- Asked by Paul O from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with the 1st generation iPad?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes it will. Apple now show a HCL (hardware compatibility list), which list the original iPad as compatible. The functional difference between this one and the one included with older iPads and iPhones is a higher wattage rating, which should charge your device slightly quicker.
- Answered by Nathan B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, it is listed as such on the Product page.
- Answered by Guy R from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Simon T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
what can I use to charge or sync my ipad 2, ipod and ipad 1st generation
- Asked by Linda C from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (what can I use to charge or sync my ipad 2, ipod and ipad 1st generation)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable