Can this cable be used to make a iMac 21.5-inch, Mid 2010 a second monitor for a iMac 27-inch, Mid 2010?
1 Answer from the Community
No. The desired set up cannot be realized by any cable combination because the iMac 21.5 inch does not have target display mode. Furthermore, even if the roles were to be swapped (iMac 27 as secondary display), the Thunderbolt Cable would not work because a Thunderbolt Cable can never be hooked up to a non-Thunderbolt port.
The only way to connect an iMac 21.5 (mid 2010) to an iMac 27 (mid 2010) would be to use the iMac 27 in target display mode. The correct cable to use would be a Mini Display Port cable, not a Thunderbolt cable.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
imac mid 2010 and Thunderbolt port
- Asked by Roberto B from Reggio Emilia
- Flag as inappropriate (imac mid 2010 and Thunderbolt port)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Can you use this cable to connect from a pc laptop (HDMI) to iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014) to use the iMac as a secondary display?
- Asked by Lori K from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this cable to connect from a pc laptop (HDMI) to iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014) to use the iMac as a secondary display?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
how do i connect my a iMac mid 2010 to a dell monitor
- Asked by Aj B from Daytonabeach Shores
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect my a iMac mid 2010 to a dell monitor)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter