Will this cable work as a connector to my iMac 2009 to make it into an external monitor for my current model Macbook Pro?
I'm looking for a thunderbolt cable that will allow me to use my old iMac (2009) to be used as an external 2nd monitor for me Macbook Pro Retina.
1 Answer from the Community
No, a Thunderbolt cable cannot be connected to anything else but a Thunderbolt port. You must use a Mini Display Port cable to use an iMac 2009 in Target Display mode.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what cable do i use to connect my 2014 MacBook Pro Retina to an external monitor
- Asked by Joseph L from Winston Salem
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable do i use to connect my 2014 MacBook Pro Retina to an external monitor)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
is this compatible with Macbook pro 17" mid 2009 model
- Asked by Paul K from O;halloran Hill
- Flag as inappropriate (is this compatible with Macbook pro 17" mid 2009 model)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter