Can this cable be used to make a iMac 21.5-inch, Mid 2010 a second monitor for a iMac 27-inch, Mid 2010?
1 Answer from the Community
No. The desired set up cannot be realized by any cable combination because the iMac 21.5 inch does not have target display mode. Furthermore, even if the roles were to be swapped (iMac 27 as secondary display), the Thunderbolt Cable would not work because a Thunderbolt Cable can never be hooked up to a non-Thunderbolt port.
The only way to connect an iMac 21.5 (mid 2010) to an iMac 27 (mid 2010) would be to use the iMac 27 in target display mode. The correct cable to use would be a Mini Display Port cable, not a Thunderbolt cable.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this as a second monitor for my iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)? Does it make sense for this product?
- Asked by Lorie L from Hartland
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this as a second monitor for my iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)? Does it make sense for this product?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display
iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, will it work with this model?
- Asked by James C
- Flag as inappropriate (iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, will it work with this model?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive