can thunderbolt and mini display port be used interchangeably? to watch hdtv using 15 in mac pro, do i use the thunderbolt slot to connect mini cable
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, you use the thunderbolt port to connect a Mini Displayport cable or adapter.
- Answered by Ryan G from Abbotsford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, thunderbolt port & mini display port is one & the same on 2011 macs.
The difference would be on the cables/adaptors you are using & where you would be connecting your mac to.
- Answered by Amador Jr M from Olongapo City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
is Mini Display Port the same as Thunderbolt Port
- Asked by Allan M from N Providence
- Flag as inappropriate (is Mini Display Port the same as Thunderbolt Port)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
Can I connect mini-DP cable to MacBook by this adapter?
- Asked by Xin X from Waltham
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect mini-DP cable to MacBook by this adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…