Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,
Hi, I have seen others ask questions on DDNS - I am not so worried about DDNS specifically (although this would seem the most sensible way to support this capability).
Is there ANY way from the device itself? (not a Mac, PC or something else sat behind it) to allow remote connection from the internet back into the device. For instance to remote access the time capsule, access a device such as an IP Camera etc. I do not have a static IP address fomr my ISP so I need some way to broadcast this via a dynamic DNS service or other method that you can provide, but it needs to be form the router as I do not have a Mac or PC or other device permanently left 'on' behind the Airport.
- Asked by Neil G from Winter Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,)
2 Answers from the Community
I'm using dynamic dns from duiadns.net on my apple airport router and i have no issue.
- Answered by Pislaru L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Airport and Time Capsule do not support DDNS update. But the port forwarding is still there. If you connect your NAS or IPCAM to the Airport/ Time capsule, you can use enable DDNS update on your NAS or IPCAM. I tried this on my network and this way work well.
- Answered by Desmond W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
does it support dynamic dns (ddns)
- Asked by Robert R from Kingston
- Flag as inappropriate (does it support dynamic dns (ddns))
- Asked about: AirPort Express
No answers yet
How do I set up me airport time capsule to work with my internet provider's modem (verizon). Thank you!
- Asked by Joan N from Springfield
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I set up me airport time capsule to work with my internet provider's modem (verizon). Thank you!)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme