What is the procedure to transfer data from previous Time Capsule to new one? Is there software utility provided? Or is it automatic when TC attached
3 Answers from the Community
it is done with the time machine software on your desktop or laptop. very easy, but 800-myapple tech guys can walk you through it.
- Answered by David B from Henderson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Try this support article HT5097
- Answered by John R from Delhi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
It's not easy. You would have to mount the Time Capsule data filesystem from each time capsule on your desktop and then drag and drop the data from one to the other.
BUT, I don't think you would even want to do this. There are some unique identifiers for the data that time machine creates and it might confuse the process and ignore your old data directory and start fresh with a new backup anyways.
Probably best to just start anew on the new time capsule. You could always hang on to the old time capsule for say 30 days if you ever needed to revert back to some older file.
- Answered by Mike G from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Connecting AP Extreme to gen 3 Time Capsule
- Asked by Mark L from Cumming
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting AP Extreme to gen 3 Time Capsule)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet
can i transfer this software to a new computer
- Asked by Frank M from Coraopolis
- Flag as inappropriate (can i transfer this software to a new computer)
- Asked about: Microsoft Office Home & Student 201…
Can I charge 2 iPhone X at a same time? No one has answered this question yet.
- Asked by Gary O from Southampton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge 2 iPhone X at a same time? No one has answered this question yet.)
- Asked about: mophie wireless charging base