Is this compatible with the Arris SB6141 (SurfBoard)?
I just bought this modem, brand new, and I was told by Comcast that it isn't compatible with the AirPort Time Capsule 2TB because the time capsule is too "advanced" and / or "hi tech"....he didn't use that exact terminology but that's exactly what he was getting at.
Now, I'm not Steve Jobs or anything but I work in IT and have a masters in Information Systems. I'm just having a hard time believing this brand new, highly rated, extremely popular modem isn't compatible with such a popular Apple router.
Does anyone have a definitive answer for me? Many thanks in advance.
- Asked by Timothy M from Baltimore
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with the Arris SB6141 (SurfBoard)?)
2 Answers from the Community
I've never heard such a thing as a modem not being compatible with a router.
I have one of the newest Surfboard modems, SB6183, and it works just fine. And I'm on ComCast as well. Those guys don't know what they're talking about.
You'll be just fine.
- Answered by Jacob L from Ann Arbor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have the same modem and have had no issues with connectivity.
- Answered by Pamela H from Rocky Mount
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is the Airport Time Capsule compatible with the Arris Touchstone CM8200
- Asked by Neil N from Weston
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Airport Time Capsule compatible with the Arris Touchstone CM8200)
- Asked about: AirPort Express