Is this usable with wireless broadband? Is there a wireless modem made by Apple? I'm using a Huawei wireless modem currently.
1 Answer from the Community
This is a "Router" that has a 3TB backup Hard drive in it. Not sure how much you know about networking, so I'll keep it as non technical as possible.
The router has a firewall, as well as some other capabilities. It does not "give" you internet if you don't already have it. It is not a modem. It does not have a modem.
Time Capsule is like an always on backup. If you mess up by accidentally deleting a file, messing up your source code, ruining your homework ... etc, you can go back to a time (snapshot of your device that was taken automatically by Time Capsule) when the file was not messed up/deleted/ruined ... It's REALLY useful.
It "MAY" be possible to set it up as a NAS. NAS is a hard drive that you setup in your network that you share between all of your PCs and laptops. It stands for Network Area Storage. That was what I was looking for when I saw your post. You can absolutely set Time Capsule up as a NAS using the USB port on the time capsule; but, I'm interested in being able to partition 2TB as backup, and 1TB as NAS without using the USB port.
So to recap, No it's not a modem, it's a router+firewall+back-up device. I'm not doing it's capabilities justice; but, I think it's enough to answer your question.
- Answered by Behzad B from Redwood City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can this be plugged into your wireless extender or must it be plugged into you modem & apple thunderbolt equipped device?
- Asked by Kelly H from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be plugged into your wireless extender or must it be plugged into you modem & apple thunderbolt equipped device?)
- Asked about: PROMISE SANLink3 T1 NBASE-T Etherne…
what advantage is this if I have to upgrade my ADSL Modem and can buy a wireless modem
- Asked by Simon A from Carnegie
- Flag as inappropriate (what advantage is this if I have to upgrade my ADSL Modem and can buy a wireless modem)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
will this use the same ip range as my modem as my modem is plugged into a 48 port gigabit switch and i bought this to add to my switch
- Asked by Stephen I from Birmingham
- Flag as inappropriate (will this use the same ip range as my modem as my modem is plugged into a 48 port gigabit switch and i bought this to add to my switch)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme