I have the AT&T Uverse with their modem installed, would switching theirs for the Extreme work or no?
I heard that this works best with other companies who don't offer modems.
1 Answer from the Community
I substituted an AirPort Extreme for a NetGear router that connected to U-verse box via WAN cable. I powered the U-verse box down, attached all the cables to AE, plugged in the power cord in AE then the NetGear device. Meanwhile, I opened my Mac Applications, clicked Utilities, clicked AirPort Utility and followed instructions. After a few minutes and a few clicks, it was running. Note that I had a functioning router already and made a clean swap with no problem. If you are adding AE, then be sure to use the Utility to click "Bridge" under one of the tabs. Also note that I kept the U-verse box running; that is essential
- Answered by Francis L from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with Uverse NVG589?
- Asked by David C from Allendale
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with Uverse NVG589?)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi…
After pluging it up to the Ipad mini and TV, is there a setting on the iPad to switch over
- Asked by Keith C from Hagerstown
- Flag as inappropriate (After pluging it up to the Ipad mini and TV, is there a setting on the iPad to switch over)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter