Our internet is delivered by our cable company through a telephone line. What router should I use between the wall jack and the AirPort?

AirPort Extreme

Back To Product

Follow this Question

1 Answer from the Community

  • Best Answer:

    I think you mean what "modem" is needed. Your cable company should have their own dedicated modem into which you then plug the AP Extreme. The Extreme is a wireless router which then allows you to access the Internet with your laptop, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, etc. There are some modems that come packaged with a wireless router, but I would recommend getting the AirPort Extreme for your wireless router as it just works great!

    Was this useful? Answer 1

    4 of 5 people found this useful

Related Questions