How can I connect a cinema display to the new macbook?
1 Answer from the Community
Currently, you can't. Which is sort of weird. My wife uses the Apple 27" LED cinema display (the one with a mini display port connection, not the Thunderbolt version) with a 11" macbook air and it works great - she needs the large screen for working at home, but also the lightness and portability of the small laptop for on-the-go use. We were hoping to upgrade to the new 12" macbook. It's a great machine (road tested one at the Apple Store in SoHo) in almost every respect...even lighter than her 11" Air, bigger screen, sufficiently powerful. But until she can connect it to her 27" display, no sale. Hopefully Apple or someone else releases an adapter soon (USB C to Mini display port). Far as I know there's no technical reason why such an adaptor couldn't be produced.
- Answered by Euan R from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect my 2011 macbook pro to a Cinema Display with thunderbolt or Firewire
- Asked by Jay B S from Odessa
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my 2011 macbook pro to a Cinema Display with thunderbolt or Firewire)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
How do you connect a 20" cinema display (through an ADC converter) to a new 17" macbook pro which has a mini display port?
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you connect a 20" cinema display (through an ADC converter) to a new 17" macbook pro which has a mini display port?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Does this adapter work with as a Thunderbolt 3 to Display Port also?
- Asked by Kirk F from Lincolnwood
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work with as a Thunderbolt 3 to Display Port also?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…