Is this USB-C to USB 3.0 or USB-C to USB 2.0?
I have an external HDD that is a USB 3.0 connection, I need an adapter that is USB 3.0 compatible to take advantage of the higher data transfer rate offered by USB 3.0.
3 Answers from the Community
It's USB C to USB 3.1 Gen 2.
There is no SS or blue pin indicator, but this is indeed USB c to USB 3.1 Gen 2. I tested it with drives that got read/write of 950MBs/950MBs which is in the gen 2 range of up to 1250MBs.
- Answered by Yair L from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This appears to support USB 3/3.0. It has the extra row of 5 pins that are necessary for USB 3. My USB 3 devices show up under About This Mac > System Report properly as expected, up to 5Gb/s (my hub is regular 3.0).
- Answered by Larry Q from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I think it would have the "SS" on the USB end if it were USB 3. So my guess is USB 2.0.
- Answered by Geoff C from Kingston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
does it include the USB-C?
- Asked by Maria R from San Jose, Perez Zeledon
- Flag as inappropriate (does it include the USB-C?)
- Asked about: 30W USB-C Power Adapter