Which USB Power Adapter is the safest/best option to use with the Apple Pencil?
I have a 5W and a 10W USB Power Adapter, so I was wondering which one would be the better choice. As I have heard that using the higher voltage charger on a device that it's not specified for can potentially cause damage to said device.
- Asked by Jennifer H from Halifax
- Flag as inappropriate (Which USB Power Adapter is the safest/best option to use with the Apple Pencil?)
1 Answer from the Community
The smart option for complete top charge is the 5W, however the 10W, 12W and 29W chargers from APPLE, not including generic off-brand dongles, should not harm the pencil. I use my 12W often with my Pencil and have not had any issues with over charging, just a faster charge for immediate use. Please note that it isn't wise to use dongles (chargers) that are not Apple Certified with their devices. The charger will actually stop charging when the batteries are charged if they are Apple's. I hope that helps.
- Answered by Michael M from Belews Crrek
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I charge my Apple Pencil with this adapter?
- Asked by Robyn P from Laurelton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge my Apple Pencil with this adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
No answers yet
Is the Apple 5W USB Power Adapter included with the Lightning to USB
- Asked by Rafael A G from Kissimmee
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Apple 5W USB Power Adapter included with the Lightning to USB)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)
Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
- Asked by Anonymous A from X
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple USB Ethernet Adapter)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
No answers yet