Can this charge the device using (what appears to be a lightning port next to the USB port) while using the adapter simultaneously?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes. If I plug a power adapter into the Lightning port, it charges my iPad Pro and lets me use a USB device such as a wired keyboard at the same time. Same with an iPad Air.
Not tried it with any other peripheral except a wired mouse, which lit up ok but didn't do anything useful.
- Answered by Michael G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
That's why it's there! (Please read Apple's product description before posting questions...)
- Answered by Dan R from Shrewsbury
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the USB port pass through the DisplaPort signal?
- Asked by Garrison C from Fairbanks
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port pass through the DisplaPort signal?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter