Can i use this cable to transfer data from a 2014 MacBook air 11 inch to a 2018 MacBook 12-inch? I tried the migration wirelessly but did not work.
Transferring data from MacBook Air to new MacBook.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes you can, according to Apple support document HT207266 "About the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter". It says "You can also use the Thunderbolt port of this adapter to connect an external hard drive, dock, Mac, or other device that uses a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 cable for data transfer. This adapter supports data-transfer speeds up to 10Gbps with Thunderbolt devices, and up to 20Gbps with Thunderbolt 2 devices. This adapter is bidirectional, which means you can use it to connect Thunderbolt 3 devices to a Mac that has a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port. In that case, the Mac must be using macOS Sierra or later, and the device using Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) must provide its own power."
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this dock work with a MacBook Retina 12 inch, early 2015?
- Asked by Christiane O
- Flag as inappropriate Will this dock work with a MacBook Retina 12 inch, early 2015?
is it work with MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
- Asked by Vu N from Garland
- Flag as inappropriate is it work with MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Is this device compatible with a MacBook Air (11 inch- Mid 2013) Model?
- Asked by Emilee C from Taylorsville
- Flag as inappropriate Is this device compatible with a MacBook Air (11 inch- Mid 2013) Model?