Can I use this to connect a Thunderbolt 2 drive to the Pro Display XDR (backside ports) which itself is connected to the MBP 16"
i.e. MBP 16" -> Pro Display XDR -> Lacie TB2 Rugged RAID I don't want to connect the drive directly to the MBP.
1 Answer from the Community
No, that will not work. The Pro Display XDR does not have downstream Thunderbolt ports for connecting devices, it only has a single upstream Thunderbolt port for connecting to a Mac. The 3 downstream ports on it are USB-C only, not Thunderbolt - while the connector is physically the same, you cannot plug a Thunderbolt device like this adapter and/or a Lacie Thunderbolt disk into the ports on the XDR. You can only use USB-C disk drives with the XDR, any Thunderbolt devices must be plugged directly into your Mac.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Connect 3 of these monitors to a MBP?
- Asked by Jeff B from Gilbertsville
- Flag as inappropriate Connect 3 of these monitors to a MBP?
No answers yet
Will this connect an older Thunderbolt 27" display to the new 16" MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Jami K from Castle Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Will this connect an older Thunderbolt 27" display to the new 16" MacBook Pro?