Can I use this to go the other way? I want to connect a USB-C external SSD to a thunderbolt port on a Mac Mini (mid 2011).
2 Answers from the Community
The adapter only works for Thunderbolt devices. If the external SSD is only USB-C, then you need a USB-C to USB-A cable to connect it to a Mac Mini.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. This is not a USB-C adapter, it is a Thunderbolt 3 adapter--while they are the same physical port, a USB-C external SSD is not the same as a Thunderbolt 3 SSD. If it is just USB-C, not Thunderbolt, it will not work.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Despite the older thunderbolts ports, can this be connected using appropriate adapters to a mini mac mid 2011?
- Asked by A J M
- Flag as inappropriate (Despite the older thunderbolts ports, can this be connected using appropriate adapters to a mini mac mid 2011?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU