Does the "Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter" work together with the "Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter"?
I want to connect a multichannel (firewire-only) audio interface "RME Fireface 800" to the new mac book.
4 Answers from the Community
Yes. I have successfully used the thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter and then connected a thunderbolt 2 to firewire 400 cable to my Presonus Studio Live 16.4.2's firewire 400 port. I have also done the same with a thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter to a thunderbolt 2 to firewire 800 cable to my Presonus Studio Live 32.4.2's firewire 800 port. You might need to experiment with the order in which you turn the equipment on...
- Answered by Ian S from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
yes, it should work
- Answered by Eduardo M from Torreon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Jesse S from Alpharetta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes. Make sure that your FireWire device uses less than 10W of power though, but an audio interface should definitely be fine. Source: apple support document HT207266 "About the compatibility of the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter" - do a find for "firewire".
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Does this adapter work with Thunderbolt 1?
- Asked by Jeremy L from Pleasant View
- Flag as inappropriate Does this adapter work with Thunderbolt 1?
Will this work with an Apple Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Evan W from Plymouth
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with an Apple Thunderbolt Display?