Does this adapter + Thunderbolt Cable support connection to LG 38UC99-W USB-C port from MacBook Pro Retina 2015
1 Answer from the Community
The Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter is only for connecting Thunderbolt 2 devices to Thunderbolt 3 computers, or for connecting Thunderbolt 3 devices to Thunderbolt 2 computers. The LG 38UC99-W is not a Thunderbolt display. The simplest way to connect the LG 38UC99-W to the MacBook Pro Retina 2015 is with a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (not included). Connect the included USB Type A to C cable for USB functionality (to enable the two downstream USB 3.0 ports of the display). Another option is to connect the display (with the included USB Type C cable) to one of the Thunderbolt 3 ports of a Thunderbolt 3 device that has two Thunderbolt 3 ports (such as a Thunderbolt 3 dock). Connect the Thunderbolt 3 device to the MacBook Pro Retina 2015 with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and a Thunderbolt 2 cable. This method is much more expensive, but gives you all the ports of the Thunderbolt 3 dock, and frees up the DisplayPort input of the display to be used with a different computer.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it support thunderbolt 2?
- Asked by Henry A from Fairfield
- Flag as inappropriate Does it support thunderbolt 2?
With a cable adapter, can this run through the Thunderbolt 1 port of an early 2015 MacBook Pro 13" retina?
- Asked by David S from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate With a cable adapter, can this run through the Thunderbolt 1 port of an early 2015 MacBook Pro 13" retina?
Does this USB-C adapter work in a Thunderbolt 2 port of an early 2015 Mac Book Pro Retina (I have managed to damage my existing USB ports)
- Asked by Martin R from Colchester
- Flag as inappropriate Does this USB-C adapter work in a Thunderbolt 2 port of an early 2015 Mac Book Pro Retina (I have managed to damage my existing USB ports)