I have an Apple Thunderbolt monitor but getting a new PC laptop that has a Thunderbolt 3 (UCB C) adapter. Will this adapter allow PC to Mac monitor?
Specifically Lenovo P51s with the Thunderbolt Dock. Can I use this adapter to connect to the Mac Thunderbolt monitor and get full resolution?
1 Answer from the Community
The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter works with many PC's with Thunderbolt 3 ports to allow connecting a Thunderbolt display.
I don't know if it works with the Lenova P51s. It may depend on the Thunderbolt firmware version so make sure it's up to date.
The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter is probably the least expensive available. The Apple adapter also has the ability to use Thunderbolt 3 devices with Thunderbolt 2 computers (most or all other adapters only allow using Thunderbolt 2 devices with Thunderbolt 3 computers).
If the Apple adapter doesn't work with your PC, then Intel has a list of other Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapters that will work. Search the Products | Thunderbolt Technology Community page.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this monitor work with Mac Pro Late-2013.
- Asked by Samuel Y from Port Saint Lucie
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this monitor work with Mac Pro Late-2013.)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
Can I use a thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter to use this?
- Asked by Steven W from Milford
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter to use this?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…
Can I use this device to download data from an old digital camera with a FireWire port to a new PC laptop with a thunderbolt port?
- Asked by Stephen S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this device to download data from an old digital camera with a FireWire port to a new PC laptop with a thunderbolt port?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…