I have an Apple Thunderbolt monitor but getting a new PC laptop that has a Thunderbolt 3 (UCB C) adapter. Will this adapter allow PC to Mac monitor?
Specifically Lenovo P51s with the Thunderbolt Dock. Can I use this adapter to connect to the Mac Thunderbolt monitor and get full resolution?
1 Answer from the Community
The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter works with many PC's with Thunderbolt 3 ports to allow connecting a Thunderbolt display.
I don't know if it works with the Lenova P51s. It may depend on the Thunderbolt firmware version so make sure it's up to date.
The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter is probably the least expensive available. The Apple adapter also has the ability to use Thunderbolt 3 devices with Thunderbolt 2 computers (most or all other adapters only allow using Thunderbolt 2 devices with Thunderbolt 3 computers).
If the Apple adapter doesn't work with your PC, then Intel has a list of other Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapters that will work. Search the Products | Thunderbolt Technology Community page.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with a 16" MBP connected the computer port, and also power two monitors connected to the Thunderbolt 3 ports on the back of the dock?
- Asked by Meredith S from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a 16" MBP connected the computer port, and also power two monitors connected to the Thunderbolt 3 ports on the back of the dock?)
- Asked about: CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock
Use monitor as a Windows PC monitor
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Flag as inappropriate (Use monitor as a Windows PC monitor)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
No answers yet
Will my PS4 be able to drive this monitor with the proper adapter?
- Asked by James W from Strasburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my PS4 be able to drive this monitor with the proper adapter?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display