Is there the opposite of this adapter? (So that I can turn a thunderbolt 2 port into thunderbolt 3)
1 Answer from the Community
According to the document HT207266 "Connect devices and displays with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter": This adapter allow Thunderbolt 3 computers to use Thunderbolt 2 devices. It also allows Thunderbolt 2 computers to use Thunderbolt 3 devices. You can connect Thunderbolt 3 devices to Thunderbolt 2 devices, or Thunderbolt 2 devices to Thunderbolt 3 devices. Usually you would put the faster Thunderbolt 3 device closer to the computer but that only matters if you have a Thunderbolt 3 computer and the Thunderbolt 3 device can use more than 20 Gbps. Sometimes a Thunderbolt device doesn't have two Thunderbolt ports and therefore must be placed at the end of the chain whether it's Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 2.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a 2017 Mac desktop with Thunderbolt 3 port and I want to connect an external monitor. Is this adapter Thunderbolt 3 compatible?
- Asked by Chris D from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate I have a 2017 Mac desktop with Thunderbolt 3 port and I want to connect an external monitor. Is this adapter Thunderbolt 3 compatible?
Is this compatible with Thunderbolt 3 cable/port
- Asked by Mary O from Boxford
- Flag as inappropriate Is this compatible with Thunderbolt 3 cable/port
No answers yet