mac pro to thunderbolt 3 display
I have a Mac Pro (2013 - desktop) that has Thunderbolt 2.
Can I get an adapter to drive a Thunderbolt 3 display? (Samsung 34" C34J79x Display)
- Asked by fn from Port Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (mac pro to thunderbolt 3 display)
2 Answers from the Community
If you mean the CJ79, then I think so.
Thunderbolt 2 supports DisplayPort 1.2. Thunderbolt 3 supports two DisplayPort signals but I think only one is used for 3440x1440@100Hz (30bit color) = 14.9 Gbps so Thunderbolt 2 should be sufficient and there should be remaining bandwidth available for the USB 2.0 ports.
Only the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter allows connecting Thunderbolt 3 devices to Thunderbolt 2 computers so this is the adapter you need.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I bought the Thunderbolt 3 to TB2 adapter.
It worked just fine.
Mac Pro 2013 (desktop).
Samsung 34” curved Thunderbolt 3 monitor.
Plugged into Thunderbolt port on monitor. Sound works also
- Answered by Mark H from Port Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
will a thunderbolt display work with a mac pro dvi out
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (will a thunderbolt display work with a mac pro dvi out)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?
- Asked by Adam P from Beverly
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…
Does the Thunderbolt wire charge the MacBook Pro's battery when connected to a 27" Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Sean K from Commack
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Thunderbolt wire charge the MacBook Pro's battery when connected to a 27" Thunderbolt display?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…